organisational pulse check: how culturally responsive are you?
oRGANISATIONAL AUDIT: ONSITE
To deliver Cultural Safety in an evolving and changing world it is essential that each individual in an organisation is Culturally Responsive – able to change and shift in line with emerging needs.
So what is Cultural Responsiveness in relation to delivering a Culturally Safe work environment / service? It means that people within all levels of your operations can:
• Recognise and respond to the historic and social issues that continue to impact Indigenous peoples.
• Understand differences between the two World Views of Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples.
• Enable and empower Indigenous staff and clients to share their World View and cultural nuances that may be a barrier to effective communication.
• Have an awareness of, and respect for, the complexity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander society today.
• Support the delivery of services effectively and respectfully when working with Indigenous peoples.
• Be open-minded and flexible in their attitudes and beliefs towards Indigenous peoples
• Appreciate the power differentials and their impact on Indigenous clients.
The Organisational Pulse Check is available for all sizes and types of operations, offering a candid insight.
Kultchafi offers a full onsite audit
service at your place of operation.
This can take place after your Organisational Cultural Responsiveness Pulse Check is undertaken, with a full analytical report provided to your Executive and Senior Management. The audit can be held over one or two days, depending on the size and structure of your organisation.
Contact us through the form below